1. Cook pasta of choice according to package directions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, pour a can of full-fat coconut milk into a saucepan and add water, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic, and
tapioca starch to the milk and give it all a stir.
3. After the ingredients are mixed, turn on the heat to medium-low and heat the sauce while stirring frequently until it starts to boil
4. Allow it to boil for about 30 seconds and then turn off the heat.
5. Once the pasta has been cooked, drained and rinsed, pour the Alfredo sauce over it. Mix well and serve hot.
The secret to making this sauce the perfect texture is tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour). The tapioca starch thickens the sauce giving it a stretchy cheese texture that stays consistent even after it starts to cool down. You can use corn starch, arrowroot, or potato starch instead of the tapioca starch, for a similar effect, but nothing matches the stretchy constancy of the tapioca starch. Tapioca starch doesn't withstand high heat when cooked like cornstarch, so only use for lower heat or add after applying heat once cooled a bit.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (143g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 137 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.2g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.4g||62 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 41.4mg||13 %|
|Sodium 197.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 290.9mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.3g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 34g|
|Protein 8.7g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!