Let me just start my saying that this cake was gone in a day. The taste and the texture are so rich and yet so different from the traditional chocolate mousse cakes that I am used to. As a huge chocaholic gal I am telling you I was surprised how much I liked this not so traditional version of the chocolate cake
For the Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 355 ? (180 °C). Prepare 2 x 8 inch round cake pans by sprinkling little oil and flour on them.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl.
3. Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon and orange zest, and the dried fruits. Mix very well with a spoon.
4. Add the baking soda to the yogurt when it starts bubling add to the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly a mixer or a spoon.
5. Start adding the olive oil until everything is well mixed.
6. Divide the cake mixture evenly between the 2 pans.
7. Bake 30– 40 minutes,or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
For the cream
1. While cooling, prepare the cream by mixing bananas and 1/2 avocado in a blender until smooth
2. Using the water bath method, melt the dark chocolate.* (see note) When the chocolate is ready add the coconut oil and mix with the bananas & avocado cream with a spoon. Mix really well until the cream is completely smooth.
3. Spread about 1/3 of the cream over bottom layer of the cake. You can arrange fruits on top and then leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. (This is what I used for the banana and 50g of shredded almonds)
4. Insert carefully the second layer and generously spread the rest of the cream all over the cake and the sides.
5. Leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, unleash your imagination and decorate!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!