120 ml warm almond milk
1 tsp caster sugar
7 g sachet active dry yeast
120 ml room temperature almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
320 g plain flour
4 tbsp vegan butter
1 clove garlic clove (minced)
1/2 small bunch coriander (chopped)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the warm almond milk, yeast and sugar. Allow this to rest for about 10 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy.
2. Stir the room temperature almond milk together with the apple cider vinegar. Allow the mixture to rest for a few minutes to curdle.
3. Pour both wet mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir in the oil, salt and 200g of the flour. Mix until it forms a very soft dough. Continue adding the rest of the flour a little at a time until the dough is firm enough to knead. It will be very sticky. (I use a stand mixer for this as it takes a lot of messiness out of the job!)
4. If kneading by hand, turn mixture out onto a well floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is elastic and smooth. Flour as you go along if needed.
5. Grease a mixing bowl with oil and place the ball of dough inside. Cover and leave to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour until doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into four equal balls and roll out each into a long oval, with a rolling pin. The dough should be rolled quite thin – about 1/4cm thick.
7. Make the garlic butter by mixing the minced clove together with the butter.
8. Bring a large saucepan to a medium-low heat, then place a knob of garlic butter on top. It should sizzle lightly but not smoke. Place one of your naans onto the pan and cover with a lid. Allow to cook for 3 minutes. It should become puffy and bubbly. Check underneath the bread – it should have golden brown spots. Flip the naan over and repeat on the other side until golden brown spots have formed again on the other side.
9. Add more butter to the pan and repeat the process.
10. Sprinkle the baked naans with the coriander and crack a little salt on top if desired. Serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!