This White Chickpea Chili is a vegan twist on the ever popular white chicken chili. It's loaded with veggies, beans and plenty of spice in a broth of coconut milk, vegetable broth, and salsa verde. Make room in your monthly meal rotation for this family favorite!
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add onion, red pepper, and jalapeno along with a couple large pinches of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and oregano and cook, stirring frequently for another minute.
4. Add a splash of vegetable broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot, scraping all the yummy bits off the bottom.
5. Add garbanzo beans, pinto beans, salsa verde, coconut milk, and remaining vegetable broth along with a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
6. Stir to combine, then bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
7. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Stir in fresh lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Garnish with your favorite toppings - don't forget the homemade fried tortilla strips - and enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (205g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0.6mg||0 %|
|Sodium 624.6mg||22 %|
|Potassium 220.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 7.9g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 59
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!