Amazing chips with beets!!
- Make the Dip:
- Beat the heavy cream until slightly thickened.
- Blend in the sour cream, lemon juice, blue cheese, scallions and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Make the Chips:
- Heat 2" vegetable oil in a large pot over medum heat until 350 degrees.
- Lay out several layers of paper towel.
- Spread some flour in a pie plate.
- Coat the vegetable slices in flour and shake off the excess.
- Fry the vegetables in batches for 5 minutes or until fizzling around the chips slows down (sweet potatoes cook in less time).
- Stir occassionally so they don't stick together.
- Transfer the chips with a slotted spoon to the paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- Return oil to 350 degrees between batches.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (97g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 101 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.2g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.8g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 30.6mg||9 %|
|Sodium 277.6mg||10 %|
|Potassium 235mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 10.8g|
|Protein 6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 170
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.