1. Heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Pour the chicken stock in a saucepan and add the parsnips. When parsnips are thoroughly cooked, remove them and reserve the stock.
3. Add the cauliflower to the stock and cook thoroughly. Remove cauliflower and reserve the stock.
4. Add the zucchini to the stock and cook thoroughly before removing.
5. Heat the stock again and add the quinoa. Bring to a boil and cook about 5 minutes or until al dente. Remove the quinoa from the stock.
6. Place all of the cooked vegetables, quinoa, diced tomato, herbs, and Roquefort in a large bowl. Mix until the cheese combines completely with the other ingredients.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork until whites and yolks are mixed.
8. Add the eggs to the vegetable mixture and stir gently.
9. Rub 1 tsp of butter on the bottom of a 10-inch non-stick ovenproof pan (or coat with a non-stick spray).
10. Heat the pan on the stovetop. When the butter is frothy, lower the temperature to medium-low and add the frittata mixture. Cook for a few minutes and finish in the oven until done to your taste. (I like them slightly runny for the velvety texture.)
11. Flip onto a plate by holding the plate upside down on top of the pan and flipping pan and plate together. and serve with toast.
Notes • If you can’t find any Herbs de Provence, mix equal parts thyme, oregano, marjoram, basil, and sage.
• Cooking zucchini in the stock until softened should take about one minute. Parsnips and cauliflower take five to seven minutes to reach a perfect “al dente.”
• grain quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is a complete protein that contains all the essential amino acids, but without the cholesterol found in animal proteins.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (321g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.4g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 9.5mg||3 %|
|Sodium 353.4mg||12 %|
|Potassium 585.3mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.3g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 24.2g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 190
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!