1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Defrost cauliflower. Spread on baking tray, spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool.
3. Meanwhile, cook penne in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain and cool.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and gradually add milk, stirring constantly until combined. Return to heat, bring to the boil, and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup tasty cheese and parmesan.
5. Place kale and oil in a large bowl.Using your hands, massage kale until softened. Add pasta, cauliflower and cheese sauce to bowl and stir until combined. Transfer to a 6 cup capacity baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top. Serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (212g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 228 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.4g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.4g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 113.7mg||35 %|
|Sodium 363mg||13 %|
|Potassium 427.8mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.5g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 50.6g|
|Protein 19.8g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 514
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!