***Make sure that you prebake your pie shell as directed***
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes (careful not to brown the garlic)
3. Add onion, zucchini, yellow squash and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook until the squash is tender (about 10 - 15 minutes)
4. Mix the mayo and the two shredded cheeses and set aside.
5. Layer your sliced tomatoes in the pie crust in one layer, making sure to place them up the side of the crust as well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Spread your zucchini and squash mixture on top of the tomatoes.
7. Place big dollops of the cheese mixture on top of the pie and evenly spread it out. It's ok if it doesn't reach the edges. The more rustic the better!
8. Cut up green onion and sprinkle on top of the cheese.
9. Place the pie on top of a cookie sheet. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes
10. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
I always squish the juices out of my tomatoes when I am using them for pretty much anything. I will cut one end off and stick my thumb in them to squish out all the juices and seeds. If you don't do this your crust will be a soggy mess (even if you wait the 15 minutes for your pie to cool). Still tastes fabulous though!!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (170g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 226 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.1g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 20.7mg||6 %|
|Sodium 324.5mg||11 %|
|Potassium 257.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 20.9g|
|Protein 6.5g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 337
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.