1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Season, sprinkle over the sugar and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and half the oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes and leave to cool.
3. Place the tomatoes, red peppers, chilli, garlic and smoked paprika into a blender along with the remaining oil, season and blitz to a coarse salad.
4. Place the grated vegetables in the centre of a clean tea towel, pull the edges together and squeeze out all the excess liquid from the veg. Place in a large bowl and stir in the white pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice and tablespoon of the oil. Stir well to incorporate.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a medium pan. Shape the vegetable mixture into individual patties using your hands and add to the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until they begin to brown on the underside, lifting gently with a spatula to check. Carefully flip over the rostis to cook on the other side.
6. Once they have browned on the other side (this will take a further 5-10 minutes) serve hot with the salsa and a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (157g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 354.4mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 8.3g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 91
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!