1. To make the filling, heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium high heat and add the cummin seeds. Let them sizzle for a few seconds.
2. Add the potatoes and green chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the turmeric and salt and, stirring occasionally, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the peas and the ground roasted cumin. Stir to mix. Cover, lower the heat and cook a further 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Cool.
4. To make the dough, sieve together the flour and salt. Rub in the oil. Add enough water to form a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
5. Divide into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a round of about 15cm/6" across. Cut in half.
6. Pick up one half, flatten it slightly and form a cone, sealing the overlapping edge with a little water. Fill the cone with 1.5 tsp of the filling and seal the top with a little water.
7. Make all the samosas in the same way.
8. Heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium heat. Put as many samosas as you can into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden. Drain. Serve with a chutney or your favourite chilli or tomato sauce. Source: Mum Posted to T.nt (sdm-marked) - Prodigys Recipe Exchange Newsletter by "I. Chaudhary" ~~ltimranc~~at;onthenet.com.au> on Jul 7, 1997
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (239g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 132 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.6g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 12.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 664.1mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 68.6g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 63.8g|
|Protein 10g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.