1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne to a boil.
2. Stir in the black beans, green onion, and salsa. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, then set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute the red bell pepper and zucchini for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir into bean mixture along with the corn and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Warm the tortillas in the microwave, or whatever your preferred method, so the tortillas do not break when folding. Then, spoon 3/4 cup of mixture in each tortilla. Sprinkle with 3 tablesspoons of cheese, then roll up -- folding the ends in to create a little pouch.
5. Coat the surfaces of a heavy skillet with a small amount of oil. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add the burritos and brown 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining burritos.
Tip: You can keep the burritos in a warm oven while you complete the browning process to keep them all warm before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (195g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.2g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 22mg||7 %|
|Sodium 268.6mg||9 %|
|Potassium 551.4mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||40 %|
|Sugars, other 19.4g|
|Protein 15.9g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 269
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!