1. Dice the onion and fry it up in butter
2. When the onion gets brown, add minced carrots.
3. Open the canned beets (or real beets).
4. Pour out the juices from the can of beats.
5. Dice beats in the style of hash browns or mini french fries.
6. Add diced beats to the onion and fry up some more.
7. Add 1 tbsof tomato paste, 2 tsps of Wine Vinegar, 1 tsp of sugar and mix them together.
8. Let the mix simmer for about 5 more minutes.
9. Slice up head of cabbage.
10. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
11. Put the sliced cabbage into the boiling water.
12. In 10-15 minutes, add the fried onions, carrots and beets into the boiling water.
13. Boil for 5-10 minutes.
14. Add salt, pepper, parsley, minced garlic and lavrovi list to taste.
15. Serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (496g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5|
|Calories from Fat: 335 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.2g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.4g||117 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 97.2mg||30 %|
|Sodium 372.6mg||13 %|
|Potassium 881.2mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.8g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||45 %|
|Sugars, other 20.6g|
|Protein 6.2g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 461
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.