1. To begin the vegetarian chili, dice and chop all of your ingredients and have them ready to go.
2. Preheat large pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil to the pot.
3. Heat and add onion, bell pepper, garlic, zucchini and squash. Stir and saute.
4. Add chili powder, cumin, basil, oregano and stir.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, fresh chopped tomatoes, followed by your garbanzo and kidney beans.
6. Stir, then add the chopped parsley and lime juice.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, place into bowls and garnish with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and hot sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe for vegetarian chili!
9. To make this a crock pot vegetarian chili or slow cooker vegetarian chili, saute your vegetables and then add all of the ingredients to your crockpot.
10. Cook the crockpot vegetarian chili on low for about 4 hours, or until ready to serve. If you still want a meaty texture in this vegetarian bean chili, try adding a taco-flavored soy product.
11. Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and hot sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (365g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 407.3mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1377.9mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.2g||81 %|
|Sugars, other 49.8g|
|Protein 20.9g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 399
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!