this is the vegetarian version of Posole soup.
1. Add several tablespoons
2. of powdered broth (to your taste) to boiling water.
4. Add TVP chunks.
5. Cover and remove from heat.
6. Let the chunks absorb the liquid while you prepare the rest of the soup.
7. In a large soup pot, saute onion until soft.
8. Add garlic and continue sauteing until fragrance is released.
9. Add chili powder to sauted vegetables and mix well.
10. Add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
11. Stir in chiles, hominy and tomatoes.
12. Add TVP chunks and additional broth powder to taste.
13. Add cilantro.
14. Simmer for 10-20 minutes to blend flavors.
15. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (502g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 25 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 117.7mg||4 %|
|Potassium 309.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 62
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!