01. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
02. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, sugar and thyme and cook, stirring often, until onion slices are golden. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine and soy sauce. Simmer until thickened, stirring continuously. Add "sausage" to gravy and simmer until heated through.
03. Drain and rinse potatoes; mash with potato masher. Add warm milk and butter and whip potatoes with hand mixer until fluffy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
04. Serve mashed potatoes topped with gravy and "sausages."
05. This recipe yields 6 servings.
Serve this accompanied by some steamed spinach with a squeeze of lemon and olive oil.
Per Serving: 387 Cal; 15g Prot; 9g Total Fat (2 Sat. Fat); 63g Carb.; 3mg Chol; 949mg Sod.; 7g Fiber.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (2023g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 101 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.3g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 10.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 3610.1mg||124 %|
|Potassium 5332mg||140 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 253.6g||75 %|
|Dietary Fiber 31.1g||124 %|
|Sugars, other 222.6g|
|Protein 34g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1279
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.