Try this Veggie Cheese Loaf recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the onion in the melted butter for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the celery & carrots. Continue to cook for 1 more minute.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice & seasonings. Add the prepared vegetable to this mixture & stir.
3. Place the vegetable mixture in a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch (2 L) baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Remove the loaf from the pan.
5. Making The Sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup (375 ml) of the tomato juice, onion, seasonings & sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat & allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Press the mixture through a sieve. Reserve the sieved tomato mixture.
7. In a small saucepan, melt the butter & blend in the flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the remaining tomato juice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until the mixture is smooth & has thickened.
8. Add the reserved tomato mixture & lemon juice. Reheat to serving temperature.
9. To serve: Slice the loaf & pour the sauce over the slices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1364g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 899 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 99.9g||133 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.8g||294 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 349.1mg||107 %|
|Sodium 2315.3mg||80 %|
|Potassium 3683mg||97 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 170.3g||50 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 165.1g|
|Protein 89.8g||128 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1918
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.