1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the onion in the melted butter for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the celery & carrots. Continue to cook for 1 more minute.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice & seasonings. Add the prepared vegetable to this mixture & stir.
3. Place the vegetable mixture in a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch (2 L) baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Remove the loaf from the pan.
5. Making The Sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup (375 ml) of the tomato juice, onion, seasonings & sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat & allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Press the mixture through a sieve. Reserve the sieved tomato mixture.
7. In a small saucepan, melt the butter & blend in the flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the remaining tomato juice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until the mixture is smooth & has thickened.
8. Add the reserved tomato mixture & lemon juice. Reheat to serving temperature.
9. To serve: Slice the loaf & pour the sauce over the slices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1364g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 899 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 99.9g||133 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.8g||294 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 349.1mg||107 %|
|Sodium 2315.3mg||80 %|
|Potassium 3683mg||97 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 170.3g||50 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 165.1g|
|Protein 89.8g||128 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1918
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!