1. Boil the veg broth in a small pot with a lid.
2. Stir in the couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
4. Saute the carrots for 3 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add the bell pepper and saute for a minute.
6. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute for another minute.
7. Stir in the couscous and add black pepper to taste, as well as the lemon juice.
8. Divide the couscous among two bowls, top with the cucumber, a dollop of hummus and the basil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (302g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 65 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.2g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 306.8mg||11 %|
|Potassium 371.8mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.6g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 61.9g|
|Protein 10.8g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 381
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.