1. First, make the dough:Heat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix 2 cups flour and salt with vegetable shortening using pastry blender. Mix in 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water and stir until mixture forms a ball. Divide ball in half.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll one of balls to fit the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish. Roll out the other half of dough to form top crust.
4. Use this pie crust as directed in your favorite pie recipe.
5. Then onto the filling: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
6. Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Cook onions, mushrooms, and garlic in oil for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in carrots, potatoes, and celery. Stir in cauliflower, green beans, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are barely tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, and 1/4 cup water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Stir into vegetables, and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
8. Roll out 1/2 of the dough to line an 11x7 inch baking dish. Pour the filling into the pastry lined dish. Roll out remaining dough, arrange over the filling, and seal and flute the edges.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the crust is brown
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (456g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 154 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.1g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 8.5mg||3 %|
|Sodium 5922.4mg||204 %|
|Potassium 832.2mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 50.6g|
|Protein 16.9g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 439
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!