1. Heat the clarified butter in a heavy saucepot over low heat. Add the mirepoix and sweat the vegetables without browning them.
2. Add flour and make a blond roux. Cool roux slightly
3. Gradually add the stock to the roux, beating constantly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Add the sachet.
5. Simmer the sauce very slowly for 1 hour. Stir occasionally, and skim surface when necessary. Add more stock if needed to adjust consistency.
6. If the veloute is to be used as is, season to taste with salt and white pepper. But if it to be used as an ingredient in other preparations, do not season the veloute.
7. Strain through a china cap line with cheesecloth. Cover or spread melted butter on surface to prevent skin formation. Keep hot in a bain-marie, or cool in a cold-water bath for later use.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (114g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 7 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 13.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 206.7mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.6g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 47.2g|
|Protein 6.6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 237
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!