1. Place all ingredients inside a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir every 1-2 minutes. The mixture might seem watery during the first few stirs, but should come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted.
2. Serve immediately as a dip with tortilla chips. You can cool this in a loaf pan and refrigerate for a week to use as you would use traditional Velveeta.
1. Place all ingredients in a small crockpot (that will fit at least 4 cups of liquid). Turn crockpot on high for 2.5 hours. Mix ingredients every hour to prevent cheese from sticking to walls and possibly burning. Reduce heat to lowest setting and enjoy!
1. Not all white American cheeses are made equal. Check ingredients because some… well, don’t really expire. If it says “cheese product” it’s probably not real. I used Land O’Lakes brand in our test. Yes, I know… not the best but many of you asked for it. After 21 tests and over $300 in cheese, there is just no way to get around it. Get the best quality you can find and afford. For both recipes, I purchased the cheese from the deli counter in a big chunk –don’t use sliced cheese.
2. *To make this as a true Velveeta replacement, take out diced tomatoes and green chilies and add ½ cup additional milk. Cool and refrigerate or freeze in 1-cup portions. Reheat every 30 seconds until creamy and hot. Use as you would cook with Velveeta.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (373g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 184 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.4g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.8g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 64.4mg||20 %|
|Sodium 662.9mg||23 %|
|Potassium 404.5mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 7.7g|
|Protein 17.4g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 289
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!