1. Cut the leeks and potatoes into thin slices.
2. Sweat the leeks in butter without letting them brown.
3. Add the stock and potatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
4. Pass through a food mill.
5. If the soup is too thick, add a little stock to bring it to the proper consistency.
6. Chill the soup thoroughly.
7. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
8. Stir the heavy cream into the chilled soup.
9. Use chopped chives to garnish
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (334g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 181 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.1g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.7g||59 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 67mg||21 %|
|Sodium 299.8mg||10 %|
|Potassium 570.9mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 22.9g|
|Protein 7.3g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 306
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!