1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger, star anise, cardamon pods, cinnamon stick and then cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Pour in the stock and fish sauce. Cover and bring to a simmer over a medium high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the prawns and bean sprouts.
5. In a pan of boiling water cook the noodles until tender. Once cooked drain and divide between bowls.
6. Add the spinach and half the spring onions to the soup, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Take the soup off the heat and ladle over the noodles.
8. Serve the spring onions, coriander and lime wedges on the side for people to add to their soup accordingly.
Double up on the quantities of bean sprouts and noodles for a more fillling dish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (231g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 434.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 620.4mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 75.7g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 70.1g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 354
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.