1. Slice the uncooked pork as thinly as you can, about 1/8". Slightly freeze to help with slicing.
2. Mince the garlic and shallots. Mix in a bowl with sugar, fish sauce, thick soy sauce (or oyster sauce), white pepper, and oil until the sugar dissolves.
3. Marinate the meat for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
4. Bake the pork at 375°F for 10-15 minutes, or until about 80% cooked.
5. Broil pork to finish cooking, turning halfway through to help evenly cook.
6. Cook noodles according to package instructions (either soaking in hot water until ready, or cooking in simmering water until cooked to preference).
7. Assemble the vietnamese noodle salad: noodles, sliced pork, sliced green leaf lettuce, fresh mint leaves, cilantro, pickled carrots and daikon, and crushed peanuts on top. Add prepared fish sauce to taste and dig in!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (165g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 253 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.1g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 80.5mg||25 %|
|Sodium 318mg||11 %|
|Potassium 454.4mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 4.3g|
|Protein 20g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 355
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!