If you want to spice up your pasta game, give this BigOven recipe for Vodka Sauce with Pasta a shot.
Source: BigOven Original Recipe
1. Fill a stock pot with water and bring to a roiling boil. Generously salt water so that it is as briny as the sea.
2. Peel and chop onion.
3. Peel and smash garlic.
4. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil and onion. Sweat until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
5. Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and stir until mixture begins to caramelize and develop a deep red color. Continue stirring often until the bottom of the pot starts to brown.
6. Add vodka to deglaze the pan. Reduce heat.
7. Add heavy cream and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
8. Add pasta to boiling water and cook al dente.
9. Transfer cooked pasta to Dutch oven, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. With heat on low, add ½ cup pasta water to Dutch oven and stir to incorporate, then gradually add half of Parmesan, stirring constantly to melt until sauce is smooth and glossy. Add butter and thin with additional pasta water as desired, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Plate and top with remaining cheese, dividing evenly. Garnish with freshly torn basil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (181g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 278 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.9g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.5g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 133.9mg||41 %|
|Sodium 110.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 245.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 64.3g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 64.2g|
|Protein 14.9g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 625
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.