1. In a bowl, combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with some of the melted butter. Unroll phyllo dough sheets (keep dough covered with plastic wrap while assembling.)
3. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in baking dish. Brush with butter. Top with second sheet, brush with butter. Fold short ends under to fit the dish. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of nut mixture. Repeat 18 times, layering two sheets, brushing with butter and sprinkling with nut mixture. Top with remaining dough. Brush with butter. Cut into 2 inch diamonds with a sharp knife.
4. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For syrup, combine the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over warm baklava. Cool on a wire rack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (99g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 359 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.9g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.1g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.2g|
|Cholesterol 40.7mg||13 %|
|Sodium 110.3mg||4 %|
|Potassium 227.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 19.4g|
|Protein 10.2g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 464
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!