1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla, beating until well incorporated.
3. Whisk flour and salt together.
4. Hand chop walnuts to medium-fine texture. (Do not use a food processor.)
5. Add flour mixture and nuts to the butter mixture and mix until crumbly.
6. Finishing mixing with a rubber scrapper in a kneading motion until dough forms.
7. Drop onto baking sheets with a level 2 TBS cookie scoop. Roll drops into balls and then press flat. Using the tines of a fork, make three sets of holes on the tops of the cookies.
8. Bake at 350 for approximately 14 minutes or until the edges are just barely showing color.
9. Let rest on pans for a few minutes until firm, then finish cooling on racks.
Yield: 30 two-inch cookies
The nuts must be hand-chopped in order to maintain the light and crumbly texture. Using a food processor or mechanical chopper releases too much of the oils from the nuts and will make the cookies heavy and dense.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (37g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 78 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.7g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 16.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 44mg||2 %|
|Potassium 36.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 22.5g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 175
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.