1. In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and chicken stock to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
2. While quinoa is cooking, prepare the fresh vegetables. When the kale is chopped (not too finely), gently "massage" it with your fingers. It helps to tenderize it.
3. When the quinoa is ready, add all of the kale to the pan and stir it thoroughly into the quinoa.
4. Next add the onion, tomato, and salad dressing to taste. Mix well.
5. Turn into a serving dish, garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1539g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 326 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.2g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.2g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.8g|
|Cholesterol 76.2mg||23 %|
|Sodium 116361.9mg||4012 %|
|Potassium 4595.3mg||121 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 199.1g||59 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16g||64 %|
|Sugars, other 183.1g|
|Protein 95.1g||136 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1482
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!