1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice, dice, process all ingredients in advance as required. Wash potatoes thoroughly, leave skins on before cubing.
3. In flat casserole dish or ziploc bag, create a marinade of the lime juice, 1 tblsp black pepper, pinch salt, 1 tblsp wasabi paste. Add chicken, refrigerate.
4. Toss potatoes in 3 tblsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet (or sheets) in single layer if possible. Put in oven for 45 minutes, turn several times during baking. (result: faux Brabant Potatoes, healthier than deep fried).
5. About 15-20 minutes before potatoes done, heat 2 tblsp butter and 1 tblsp oil in large skillet. Add marinated chicken (w/o the marinade) to skillet, brown on all sides so no longer pink and about half done (10-15 minutes), remove from pan, set aside. Don't forget Brabant Potatoes in oven are almost done. Reduce temp and keep warm during rest of prep.
6. In same chicken skillet, add onions and garlic, saute until browned. Add mushrooms, heat them for a few minutes with onions, then add chicken broth, white wine and 1 tblsp wasabi, stir.
7. Return chicken to skillet to finish cooking. After about 10 more minutes of cooking chicken liquid should reduce. Now add the parsley, wine vinegar, and peas, cook for few mins more.
8. Let guests build their own plates buffet-style starting with a bed of Brabant Potatoes topped by the Wasabi Chicken mixture, or serve to table yourself.
9. A nice salad with a vinaigrette-type dressing is a good addition.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (747g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 76 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.4g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 67.2mg||21 %|
|Sodium 311.9mg||11 %|
|Potassium 1954.8mg||51 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 73.5g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||37 %|
|Sugars, other 64.1g|
|Protein 37g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 511
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!