1. Add sugar to a quart jar that is half full of very warm water.
2. Shake until all sugar is dissolved.
3. Finish filling the jar w cold water leaving an inch at the top.
4. Now add the Kefir grains, cover with a coffee filter, and let ferment for NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS.
5. Strain the water kefir grains pouring the liquid into another container. You can drink now or . . .
TO MAKE THE WATER KEFIR CARBONATED DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Restart the process by repeating steps 1-3 and then adding the Kefir grains, handful of organic raisins, baking soda, and the lemon (to help keep bacteria from growing.)
2. Cover with an airtight lid and let sit on counter for another 1-3 days.
3. Scoop the raisins off the top and then pour the mixture thru a plastic sieve to strain out the Kefir grains.
4. You can drink right away, but most people put Kefir water in fridge for 1-2 days for a refreshing, fuzzy drink. ENJOY!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (13g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1763.2mg||61 %|
|Potassium 16.8mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.1g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!