1. In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter gently and sweat onion, garlic and watercress stalks until tender but not coloured.
2. Add flour and cook for a further two minutes.
3. Add a cup of the warmed milk and stir until thickened and lumps of flour are removed.
4. Keep adding milk slowly and allow to gently come to the boil.
5. Add the leaves of the watercress and puree immediately until smooth and a vibrant green colour is achieved.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with a soft poached egg and a drizzle of good olive oil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4446g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 537 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 59.7g||80 %|
|Saturated Fat 31.5g||157 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 852mg||262 %|
|Sodium 747mg||26 %|
|Potassium 2175.1mg||57 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 96g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 89.2g|
|Protein 46.2g||66 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1081
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.