1. Purée 1 cup of the watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the cumin seeds and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the garlic and sauté until it just starts to brown, about 30 seconds.
3. Add the puréed watermelon, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low, simmer, and let the liquid reduce slightly and thicken, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining watermelon cubes to the pan. Toss them gently to coat so that they're evenly coated with sauce. Cover the pan and simmer until the watermelon is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste season with more cayenne and/or salt as needed.
5. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve over rice. This curry does not keep well, so it's best eaten immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (459g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 156.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 130.8g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 130.6g|
|Protein 11g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 638
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!