1. In a medium pot, bring milk to a slight simmer; do not allow to boil.
2. In small saute pan, melt butter and then add paprika, and flour and mix well.
3. Bake roux mixture in a 350 degree oven for approximately one hour.
4. Heat lobster stock and sherry, then add base, cayenne pepper, to the lobster stock mixture.
5. Then add the heated milk to this mixture.
6. Add roux.
7. Mix until well incorporated and thickened.
8. Let simmer for approximately 45 minutes to one hour to cook out the roux.
9. To finish the soup, flame lobster meat in brandy, add heavy cream and allow it to simmer.
10. Add mixture to soup and whisk in.
11. Finish with fresh chervil or parsley.
12. Dry herbs may be used, but add sooner.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (160g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 276 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.7g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.9g||95 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 99.6mg||31 %|
|Sodium 239.2mg||8 %|
|Potassium 297.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 20.3g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 408
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.