1. Preheat oven at 180C (conventional). (I only use 170C). Prepare a 8 inch square pan. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
2. Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl (6 cup capacity)Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and 150gm sugar until pale and fluffy (KA speed 2-4 ). Put in vanilla seeds and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
4. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
5. Put half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance of egg whites in and FOLD.
6. Pour batter into pan and level.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. (I reduced to 150C for the last 15 minutes because the top seems to be getting dark)
*Note: I did step 2 and 3 simultaneously. Butter in the stand mixer and egg whites with the hand mixer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (650g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1699 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 188.8g||252 %|
|Saturated Fat 118.6g||593 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 48.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.8g|
|Cholesterol 495.7mg||153 %|
|Sodium 3871.5mg||134 %|
|Potassium 336.6mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 349.8g||103 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 344.4g|
|Protein 22.2g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3151
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!