This recipe is a favorite at parties and pot lucks and I often cook it the day before camping trips and reheat if for many rave reviews! I never bring any home!
The success of the recipe does not hinge upon any single ingredient, except the chicken & Chili Powder. Feel free to substitute to fit what you have on hand. You may even use plain yogurt instead of Half & Half to lessen fat content. But go all the way if you can!
1. Place Chicken in pot and cover with water. Salt and Pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 15-20 minutes. Chicken should remain slightly pink in the middle. Do not Overcook! Remove from pot to cool and dice into bite size pieces.
2. Wrap Tortillas or other bread of choice in aluminum foil and begin heating in oven or other method.
3. While Chicken is cooking, melt butter in large skillet: Sautee Onion, Celery, Potato, Garlic & Jalapeno Pepper until onions are translucent. (7 - 10 minutes)
4. Add Beans to mixture and cook for 5 minutes
5. Stir in Flour, Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper and Sugar. Continue stirring for 2 minutes until well blended. (Not Cayenne at this point to avoid hot bites)
6. Add Chicken, Corn, Chicken Stock, Worchester Sauce, Cayenne Pepper, Cheese Dip, and 1 cup of Half & Half. Cook until cheese melts and sauce thickens. (Approximately 10 - 15 minutes)
7. Add additional Half & Half to create desired consistency. Thicker for Chili or thinner for Soup
Don't forget the Tortillas!
The key to any chicken dish is not to over cook the chicken. If you cook it until it is well done, then mix it with the other ingredients and cook it some more, you will lose the tender moist flavor!
The spices I have called for will make a medium hot Spicey Chili. If you like mild, lessen the Cayenne and Jalapeno to taste. You can always add more to the individual bowl. My kids love it as is though!
Also, I broke it down to serve 4 hungry adults but it can be multiplied to serve larger groups.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (646g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 54 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 484.2mg||17 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 49.2g|
|Protein 8.6g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 285
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!