Our Best Bites
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for about two minutes just until it starts to become translucent.
2. While the onions are cooking, drain the beans and rinse with cold water ; set aside. Sprinkle chopped chicken with a little salt and pepper and add to pot. Add the garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until there's no more visible pink on the chicken.
3. Add green chilies along with all of the juices in the can. Add the beans, Cumin, oregano, coriander, salt, and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine and then add the chicken broth.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the juice from 1 lime and 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle into bowls and top as desired with sour cream, chopped cilantro, cheese, avocad, chips, and lime wedges.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (201g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 168 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.7g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 56.8mg||17 %|
|Sodium 226.1mg||8 %|
|Potassium 505.6mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 27.6g|
|Protein 20.7g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 372
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.