1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter eight each 5-, 7-, and 9-inch-diameter cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper. Butter parchment; dust pans with flour, tapping out excess. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix milk and vanilla in a measuring cup.
2. Cream butter in a mixer bowl on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With mixer running, add sugar in a steady stream; beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes more.
3. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in batches, alternating with milk mixture and beginning and ending with the flour; mix just until combined.
4. In a clean mixer bowl, whisk egg whites just until stiff peaks form. Use a rubber spatula to fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter to lighten. Gently fold in remaining whites in two batches. Divide batter among pans; smooth tops. Firmly tap pans on a work surface to release any air bubbles.
5. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean and tops are springy to the touch. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto racks, and remove parchment; then reinvert and cool completely.
6. Batter amounts and cooking times: 9-inch tier: 4 1/2 cups batter per 2-inch-high pan (bake about 40 minutes) 7-inch: 3 cups batter per pan (30 minutes), 5-inch: 1.5 cups batter per pan (22 minutes).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (7625g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4783 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 531.5g||709 %|
|Saturated Fat 193.6g||968 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 190.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 66.5g|
|Cholesterol 18601.4mg||5724 %|
|Sodium 10311.8mg||356 %|
|Potassium 12174.4mg||320 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 141.7g||42 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16.1g||65 %|
|Sugars, other 125.6g|
|Protein 698.4g||998 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 8187
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!