1. Prepare a water bath for 85C, to cook the vegetables first
2. Add whole trussed chicken, the chicken stock, half of the baby onions, mushroom, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper, seal the pouch. Reserve.
3. In a separate pouch add the carrots, potatoes and the rest of baby onions, salt and pepper and seal
4. Cook the carrot and potatoes pouch into the sous vide for 1 hour. Chill in ice bath and reserve.
5. Lower the sous vide temperature to 64.4 C, when it reaches the desired temperature, place the chicken pouch in to the machine for 7 hours. In the last 20 minutes add the vegetable pouch to finish off cooking and re-heating
6. Heat the grill to 250C, remove the vegetable pouch, set aside. Remove the chicken pouch from bath and sieve the contents. Reserve the mushroom and onions. Place the broth in to a pan and simmer it by half
7. Untie the chicken and place it in a heat proof dish and under the grill for 5 minutes
8. By now the broth should be ready, add a knob of butter to achieve a shiny gravy, which it in the thermomix to emulsify and add guar gum.
9. For the onion pur?e: add the onions (sous vide with the chicken) 2 tbsp of chicken broth and cream into a blender, mix well, check for salt and pepper
10. Serve: vegetables around the sous vide whole chicken, place the onion puree in a separate dish. Enjoy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1122g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 818 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 90.9g||121 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.9g||130 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 37.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.6g|
|Cholesterol 450mg||138 %|
|Sodium 506.9mg||17 %|
|Potassium 2115mg||56 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.9g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 41g|
|Protein 117.8g||168 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1478
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!