1. In a large bowl, combine flours, salt and baking soda.
2. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the melted butter,coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, until smooth and creamy.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients, and continue to mix until thoroughlycombined.
4. Chill dough in refrigerator at least one hour (or up to 24-hours).
5. Rolling Out the Dough
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide dough in half.Place half on a large sheet of parchment paper. Keep other half of dough inbowl and return to the frig to stay cold.
7. Roll out dough on parchment to 1/4-inch thick. Use your favorite cookiecutters to cut shapes into the dough. Gently remove cookie cut-outs andplace on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form scrap-dough into balland place back in fridge to re-chill. Remove other half of chilled dough andrepeat process of rolling and cutting out dough until all dough is used.(You may need to use a little spelt flour on the top of the dough whenrolling it out to keep it from sticking to your rolling pin.)
8. Decorating and Baking
9. To decorate the cookie cut-outs, use a variety of dried fruits ? cuttingthem into small bits and strips ? as well as crispy nuts and unsweetenedshredded coconut.
10. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until cookies begin to slightly brown along edges.Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wirerack to finish cooling. Merry CHRISTmas!
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)---------------------------------------------- Calories: 1007 Calories From Fat: 980 Total Fat: 112.5g Cholesterol: 152.7mg Sodium: 5476.2mg Potassium: 23.3mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: <1g Sugar: <1g Protein: <1g
Author Note: Combining almond flour with whole spelt flour yields a lighterbaked good and also increases the protein content, as well as adds a sweetnutty undertone. Because this recipe was specifically developed to work withthese two flours in tandem, if you opt to substitute the flours called forin this recipe with another flour(s), please be advised that you may not getgood results.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (-307g)|
|Recipe Makes: -1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: -2094 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat -218.7g||-292 %|
|Saturated Fat -117.3g||-587 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat -68.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat -19.3g|
|Cholesterol -274.5mg||-84 %|
|Sodium -1205.5mg||-42 %|
|Potassium -861.4mg||-23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate -24.5g||-7 %|
|Dietary Fiber -12.5g||-50 %|
|Sugars, other -12.1g|
|Protein -27.4g||-39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!