1. Dissolved in 1 tablespoon brown sugar in warm water in small bowl. Add yeast and let mixture stand.
2. Place four cups flour, powdered milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and salt in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixture. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 15 seconds. Continuing on speed 2, gradually add yeast mixture and oil to flour mixture and mix about 1 1/2 minutes longer, stop and scrape bowl, if necessary.
3. Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about two minutes, or until dough starts to clean sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
Note; Dough may not form a ball on hook. However, as long as hook comes in contact with the dough, kneading will be accomplished. Do not add more than the maximum amount of flour specified or a dry loaf will result.
4. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
5. Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch baking pan. Cover. Let rise in a warm place, free from draft, about one hour, or until doubled in bulk.
6. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake 20 to 30 minutes longer. Remove from pans immediately and cool on a wire racks.
Yields: 32 servings (16 slices per loaf)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (27g)|
|Recipe Makes: 32 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 0.6mg||0 %|
|Sodium 15.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 59.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.5g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 91
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!