1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan 160 C / 350 F / gas mark 4)
2. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin papers.
3. Sift the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl and mix thoroughly. The bran from the whole wheat flour will collect in the sieve but just tip this back into your mixture.
4. Mix the milk, eggs, oil, honey and grated carrots together in another bowl.
5. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly. This batter is heavier than the usual muffin batter.
6. Fill the muffin cups to the rim with batter and top with mixture of seeds and oats.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 min until risen and golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
8. Leave to cool on a wire rack
Do not over mix
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (59g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 0.8mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3269mg||113 %|
|Potassium 40.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 13.3g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 69
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.