1. Soak fiddleheads in cold water for about 15 minutes, changing water once. Add to a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water then chop roughly.
2. Heat the chicken stock and keep it hot while preparing the risotto.
2. In a separate pan, heat the oil and 1 T of the butter.
3. Sauté the ramps, pancetta and fiddleheads for 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice and heat for about a minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add the wine and let it mostly evaporate.
5. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of the chicken stock and allow the rice to absorb it. As the stock is absorbed, add more. Continue for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is al dente and the risotto is somewhat runny.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in the rest of the butter and the cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (500g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 223 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.8g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 64.3mg||20 %|
|Sodium 1314.6mg||45 %|
|Potassium 717.5mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.3g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 58.6g|
|Protein 27.7g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 589
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.