To make the sauce:
1. Melt butter in saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Slowly whisk in the broth. Add remaining ingredients, except Crema Mexicana, and whisk thoroughly.
3. Bring to a slight boil and remove from heat. Let cool, then mix in Crema Mexicana.
To make the filling:
1. Cook chorizo according to package instructions and drain well. Set aside.
2. Split squash in half, remove seeds, poke holes in surface, and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Allow to cool, then scoop out tender flesh and mash. Add cooled chorizo.
3. Lightly coat bottom of a baking dish with sauce. Scoop filling into tortillas, roll and place in baking pan.
4. Cover the tops of the enchiladas with sauce and top with shredded Queso Quesadilla.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1223g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1103 (86%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 122.6g||163 %|
|Saturated Fat 69.6g||348 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.6g|
|Cholesterol 305.3mg||94 %|
|Sodium 4737.2mg||163 %|
|Potassium 1033.4mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 16g|
|Protein 31.6g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1289
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!