1. Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add beef and cook until just brown in a few batches
2. Reduce heat to medium
3. Add remaining oil, onions, leeks, garlic, celery and carrots to pan in mixed batches
4. Cook until the onion starts to soften
5. Return beef to pan with tomatoes, wine, garlic powder, soup mix, bay leaves, salt, water and stock, bring to the boil
6. Transfer all ingredients to slow cooker on low for approx. 6 hours
Meat should be tender and vege's cooked through when ready to serve. Serve with some crusty bread
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (843g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 210 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.3g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 185mg||57 %|
|Sodium 940.8mg||32 %|
|Potassium 1946.2mg||51 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 18.8g|
|Protein 71.6g||102 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 608
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!