Weight Loss Help
• Meat (protein) cannot influence to gaining weight
• Although beans are from carbohydrate group, their Glycemic Index is medium, 40.
• Vegetables provides lots of fiber, which decreases the total Glycemic Index of this meal
• If you prefer low-fat meat, cook the stew with chicken or turkey
• Leave beans in the water overnight
• Place beans in a slow cooker and cover with enough boiled water. Cover, and cook on High for about 3 hours
• Add meat and cook for another 2 hours
• Add vegetables cut into small cubes, whole onion and garlic cloves, all spices, and cook everything for another hour
• Last, add smoked sausage, cut into small pieces, and cook for 1 more hour
• Remove the whole onion and bay leaves from the stew
• Sprinkle with green scallions before serving
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!