1. Make the coleslaw about 2 hours before you plan to serve it.
2. With a large, sharp knife, cut the cabbage vertically in half. Cut out the core from each half. Place each half cut side down on a cutting board & with the knife, cut crosswise into thin slices, separating the slices into shreds and putting them in a large nonreactive mixing bowl.
3. Using a box grater/shredder over another mixing bowl, shred the carrot into long, thin strips. With a clean hand, pick up the shredded carrot in handfuls & squeeze out excess liquid, transferring each squeezed handful to the bowl with the cabbage.
4. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, caraway seeds, salt & pepper to taste, along with a pinch of sugar to the bowl. Toss well to combine the cabbage & carrot, thoroughly coating the strips with the dressing. Adjust the seasonings to taste, if necessary.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir the mixture before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (199g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 120 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.3g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 14mg||4 %|
|Sodium 371.6mg||13 %|
|Potassium 284.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.3g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 8.4g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 173
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!