World's Best Chocolate Rum Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Grease one 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
3. Place .5 cup chopped nuts in the bottom of the Bundt pan.
4. With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, .5 cup oil, .5 cup water, and .5 cup golden rum on high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan over the top of the chopped nuts.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50-60 minutes.
7. Slowly pour Rum Glaze over the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven (see Rum Glaze Directions below).
8. Let cake stand for 30 minutes and then turn out onto a serving dish.
9. Pig out!!!
Rum Glaze Directions:
In a saucepan combine .5 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, .25 cup of rum, and .25 cup of water. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Pour immediately over the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven, slowly so the rum glaze doesn't run over the edges of the cake pan.
Original recipe was submitted by Suzanne Stull on Allrecipes.com and modified by Brent N. Hunter... and is now the world's best chocolate rum cake!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 432 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.9g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.4g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.4g|
|Cholesterol 559.3mg||172 %|
|Sodium 834.2mg||29 %|
|Potassium 419.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 126.6g||37 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 124.3g|
|Protein 20.3g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1033
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.