1. Pour boiling water over dried chiles in a large bowl. Allow this to steep for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a dry pan over medium-low heat toast caraway, coriander, and cumin seeds. Grind in an electric spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle until fine. Roughly chop garlic.
3. When the chiles are reconstituted remove stems and most seeds. Reserve some of the liquid. In a food processor whiz chiles, spices, garlic, olive oil and salt. Add chile water to achieve desired consistency.
Put it together:
1. Marinate chicken breasts in yogurt, lemon juice, mint leaves, salt and pepper, for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Scatter sliced onions in a baking dish, season with salt, and pepper; douse with olive oil. Cook 20 minutes. Place chicken breasts on top of onions and oven-poach, 34-45 minutes.
3. Plate onions and chicken over rice and generously spoon harissa over everything. Garnish with mint leaves and thick Greek yogurt, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (228g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 102.7mg||32 %|
|Sodium 737.3mg||25 %|
|Potassium 542mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 4.5g|
|Protein 41.7g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 235
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!