1. Mix 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt, the poultry seasoning and pepper.
2. Coat chicken pieces with the mixture.
3. Brown chicken on all sides in 1/4 cup butter in large skillet.
4. Arrange chicken in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from pan. If desired, make gravy in pan, using drippings. Pour off into saucepan and keep warm.
7. Put chicken back in pan.
8. In electric mixer, beat together remaining flour, salt, baking powder, eggs and milk. Add remaining butter melted. Beat until smooth.
9. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for another 45 minutes. Serve with the gravy, if used.
Been makimg this for years. Love it because of the Yorkshire bread pudding. Chicken always comes out moist.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (516g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 778 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 86.4g||115 %|
|Saturated Fat 31.3g||156 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.1g|
|Cholesterol 2259.2mg||695 %|
|Sodium 968.1mg||33 %|
|Potassium 1015mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 41.5g|
|Protein 94.1g||134 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1335
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.