1. Preheat the oven to 350?.
2. Remove seeds from oranges and separate the fruit from the rinds. Use a juicer to grind the orange flesh and then the rind. In a 1-cup measure, mix 1/3 cup juice with 1/3 cup ground pulp and 1/3 of the finest ground rind.
3. In one bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
4. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients except for the almonds.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are blended together.
6. Stir in the almonds.
7. Pour the dough into a buttered, floured 9x4" bread pan. Bake until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. I usually set the timer for 1 hour initially, then test the bread and put back in for 10 or 20 minutes depending on how it's doing.
8. Let rest for 10 minutes after removing from oven, then loosen them in their pans with a metal spatula, remove from pans and cool on a rack.
9. Can be frozen for later. I like to make 2 loaves of bread and freeze one so there is always a variety to pick from.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2101g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 1176 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 130.7g||174 %|
|Saturated Fat 35.9g||180 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 53.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 21.2g|
|Cholesterol 4244.7mg||1306 %|
|Sodium 2006.2mg||69 %|
|Potassium 3246.4mg||85 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 568.8g||167 %|
|Dietary Fiber 27.9g||112 %|
|Sugars, other 540.9g|
|Protein 193.5g||276 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4189
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.