1. Set a medium pot, filled with two inches of lightly salted water with a teaspoon of white vinegar (optional) to boil on the stove.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl, taking care to keep yolks intact, set aside.
3. Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl.
4. Add 1 teaspoon zest, the juice from half a lemon, 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper and stir and mash with a fork to combine. It does not need to be smooth. Taste. Adjust salt, you want this to be slightly salty and lemony.
5. Toast the bread.
6. Once the water is boiling turn heat down so it’s just simmering. Give a stir, and slip the eggs into the simmering water, gently stirring in a circular motion around the eggs.
7. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until egg white is set. Turn heat off.
8. Spread ½ of the avocado mixture on the toast. Top with sliced radish. Top with a mound of baby arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, a little lemon, and salt.
9. Using a slotted spoon place the poached egg over the dressed arugula. Sprinkle the egg with salt, pepper and a generous pinch of Zaatar spice and enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (14g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 15 (88%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.7g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 159.3mg||5 %|
|Potassium 31.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.3g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 17
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.